Ryan Serhant began his first day in the real estate business on September 15, 2008 – the same day that Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy in the wake of the subprime mortgage collapse. While the real estate sector has steadily recovered, Serhant himself has quickly become one of the most successful brokers in the world, with agents under his leadership in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami and the Hamptons. The Serhant Team has been named by WSJ Real Trends as the #1 real estate team in New York for two years in a row, and the #2 team in the country, selling close to $1 billion in real estate last year. Ryan is consistently the youngest broker to make the Journal’s top ten list each year.
Ryan stars in the popular Bravo series “Million Dollar Listing New York,” which just wrapped its seventh season. On September 18, 2018 – the week of his 10-year anniversary in real estate – he released his debut book, Sell It Like Serhant. When pre-sales were announced, Ryan was #1 on Amazon’s daily list of “Movers and Shakers.” As star and producer, this year he also debuted his new Bravo show, “Sell It Like Serhant,” started a successful vlog (www.youtube.com/ryanserhant) and launched an app (Agent Empire: NYC). There is nothing Ryan can't do. His motto communicates his professional and personal philosophy, “Expansion. Always. In all ways.”
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/065
In this episode, you will learn:
- Sales tips from a guy who started in real estate from scratch, without connections or networks, to building one of the most successful real estate agencies in the world.
- Why you might want to consider taking an improv class to help your career.
- How to multiply your personal brand by building a team.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Million Dollar Listing New York | Bravo TV Official Site
- Sell It Like Serhant | Bravo TV Official Site
- John Forbes Nash Jr. (A Beautiful Mind)
- Improv Questions Game
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- How to Choose the Right Real Estate Agent
Thanks for Listening and watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Are you a salesperson? If not, do you believe we are all selling something — even ourselves?