A group of business owners in Berkeley Heights got together to create a video. A script was drafted to share a message of hope, community, and support. In this case, it was also an opportunity to fundraise for businesses in the town that need help most. We at Buy Local NJ donated our time to edit and publish the video that can be shared on a website or to social media. Local media including TapInto helped share it to the community as well. We're giving back by editing these videos at no charge. If you're interested in creating a video like this one for your town, please find the steps outlined below. Contact us (by email or comment below) so we can be in touch with instruction about how to upload files to us for editing.
What to Say
Need help figuring out what to say? 10-20 seconds of video is brief. Consider simply answering one or two of these questions:
- How long you've been in business in your town?
- Why you love being a business owner and serving your community.
- How people can support your business and/or what products/services you're offering now.
- How you are helping other local businesses and/or giving back to the community.
- What you're most looking forward to when life returns to normal.
Quick and Easy
Shooting video does not need to be difficult or complicated. Video captured using a smart phone is often sufficient. Just find a quiet place in order to achieve good sound in a space with good, natural light.
Practice what you want to say a couple times. Then hit record and do it.
Set a Date
Done is better than perfect! Set a deadline to shoot all business videos.
You'll upload videos to us with your names and names of the businesses. We will do the rest. If you have questions, please reach out to us.