Through professional and personal life changes, actor Katie Cassidy (daughter of David Cassidy) has focused on self-love and an NFT drop to encourage female empowerment.
Katie Cassidy is best known for her work in film and television. Most recently, for her portrayal of the iconic comic book character, Laurel Lance/Black Canary, on The CW’s long-running hit series “Arrow” (2012-2020).
Upon ending the show (November 2019) and her two short years of marriage (Jan 2020), the world shut down due to the Coronavirus pandemic, giving Katie the time and space to look inward and focus on herself. Over the course of the last 12 months, Katie has spent the time learning how to love herself (ME), explore the persona she presents to her fans and audience (SHE), and get to know how the two come together to form (WE). Hence the title of her NFT drop and portrait series “ME. SHE. WE.”
Always fascinated with technology, cryptocurrency, and newly emerging NFT’s, Katie decided to bring her idea of ME. SHE. WE. to life with a series of digital portraits, carving out a whole new genre of art with a cotton canvas, black and white paint, and the human body as her medium (shot by The Riker Brothers). Excited about this new venture, Katie is dedicated to using this new platform to encourage female empowerment, self-love, acceptance, and has pledged a portion of the proceeds to benefit The Rape Foundation, Women’s Global Empowerment Fund, and LifeWay Network.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Going straight to work vs attending college.
- Video games and why they're a part of Katie's characters on set.
- How Katie got into Cryptocurrencies and became one of the first celebrities to drop an NFT.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/191
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Arrow (TV series)
- 7th Heaven
- The Scribbler (2014)
- Mortal Kombat
- Duke Nukem
- GoldenEye 007
- Donkey Kong
- Mario Kart
- Call of Duty
- Silent Hill
- Radiation Island
- Cover Versions (2018)
- Women's History Month
- The Riker Brothers
- The Rape Foundation
- Women's Global Empowerment Fund
- LifeWay Network
Money Tip of the Week
- Keep your eyes and ears open, even for crypto.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment