Lessons from peak performance psychologist Dr. Don Greene on how to perform better under pressure and how mindset can impact your money.
Dr. Don Greene, a peak performance psychologist, has taught his comprehensive approach to peak performance mastery at The Juilliard School, Colburn School, New World Symphony, Los Angeles Opera Young Artists Program, Vail Ski School, Perlman Music Program, and US Olympic Training Center. During his thirty-two year career, he has coached more than 1,000 performers to win professional auditions and has guided countless solo performers to successful careers. Some of the performing artists with whom Dr. Greene has worked have won jobs with the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, New York Philharmonic, Chicago Symphony, San Francisco Opera, Montreal Symphony, Pittsburgh Symphony, National Symphony, Cincinnati Symphony, Pacific Northwest Ballet, and the Dance Theatre of Harlem, to name just a few. Of the Olympic track and field athletes he worked with up until and through the 2016 Games in Rio, 14 won medals, including 5 gold. Dr. Greene has authored eight books including Audition Success, Fight Your Fear & Win, and Performance Success. In 2017, Dr. Greene was named a TED Educator and collaborated with musician Dr. Annie Bosler to produce the TED-Ed How to practice effectively…for just about anything. The video went viral receiving over 25 million views across Facebook and YouTube.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What happens to our bodies when we get nervous causing us to underperform, choke, or have a meltdown
- Tactics for centering yourself and learning to get your left and right brain to working together
- How sports psychology can apply to your money through a prosperity mindset.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/128
Find more from our guest:
- Fight Your Fear and Win: Seven Skills for Performing Your Best Under Pressure–At Work, In Sports, On Stage by Don Greene
- Performance Success: Performing Your Best Under Pressure (Theatre Arts) by Don Greene
- Audition Success (A Theatre Arts Book) by Don Greene
Mentioned in this episode:
- TED-Ed: How to practice effectively…for just about anything – Annie Bosler and Don Greene
- Paul Casey
- Merrill Lynch
- All Things Considered: Juilliard Students Learn to Avoid Stage Fright
- Greg Norman
- Chuck Knoblauch
- Michele Mitchell (diver)
- Thought Leaders Business Lab Podcast
- PGA Tour: Moment No. 17 from the SHO: Paul Casey's 2009 victory
- Golf Focus: Greatest Golf Collapses and Chokes of All Time (Part I)
- Tin Cup – Give me Another Ball.. (1996)
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- Get yourself ahead of the averages with your 401(k) contributions
- Stanford Center on Longevity
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.