Chef and musician Cari Golden talks about founding Lov Kitchen that serves weekly hot meals to the unhoused population of Skid Row in Los Angeles.
Lov Kitchen was founded by Los Angeles-based chef and musician Cari Golden. As a recent graduate of LATTC Culinary Arts program, Golden created Lov Kitchen as a means of contributing to the community while keeping her skills sharp during the Covid pandemic. With the unhoused population on the rise in Los Angeles, Golden partnered with Lov Movement, another LA-based nonprofit, to bring a weekly hot meal service to the unhoused of Skid Row. Golden also developed strategic partnerships with other nonprofits to procure food and other items to redistribute to the unhoused. Golden has spent most of her life as a professional musician and songwriter. A staple of the electronic music genre, she is also an accomplished vocal coach and performer.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Common misconceptions about people struggling with homelessness
- Tips from Cari about raising money
- The value of networking and partnerships to increase impact
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/217
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Opo Squash
- Food Forward
- Nourish LA
- Alyson Schill – Asking for Change
- Aaron Franklin
- Jon Bon Jovi's JBJ Soul Kitchen
- Harvey Washbangers
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Have you found ways to help neighbors in need? Do you give back to your community using your unique talents?