Real estate investor and entrepreneur, Dan Butler talks about money, real estate investing, and building a vertically integrated real estate business.
Dan Butler is a co-founder of 6AM Core Collective, parent company to CrestCore Realty, CoreLend Financial, CrestCore Property Management, CoreBuild, CityLight Commercial Services, and CoreAssist. Dan spent the first 20 years of his career in plant management and operations with Fortune 500 manufacturing companies. After eight years of working for Georgia Pacific, a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Dan left the corporate world in 2014 to work full time in real estate.
An early entrepreneur, Dan started a lawn care business in Greenville, SC at age 12 and successfully operated it for twelve years using the profits to fund his BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Clemson University. Dan saw the potential for real estate investment and property management. He now personally owns over 900 units. He has been an active real estate investor since 2001, focusing on buying and managing single family homes, duplexes, and small multifamily apartment buildings.
Dan co-founded CrestCore Realty in 2012 and it currently manages 3,000+ properties in West TN, Jackson, TN & Dyersburg, TN for 700+ local, national and international investors. Since starting the property management company, Dan and his partner, Douglas Skipworth, realized the benefits of utilizing remote team members in everyday business and started CoreAssist in order to help others share in the same successes that they have had with using them.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The importance of building systems and processes into your business
- How Dan and his wife manage their expenses when shopping
- Why you might want to consider virtual staffing
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/145
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Nothing down, how to buy real estate with little or no money down by Robert G. Allen
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- Automating systems for your money
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.