Founder and CEO of Roybi, Elnaz Sarraf talks about launching an ed-tech company from lean years to raising a 4.2 million seed round.
14 years ago, Elnaz Sarraf moved to the US from Iran. From a very young age, her parents made sure that she learned to paint, speak English, play music, and even how to assemble a computer. Her diverse education sparked her interest in both the arts and technology. In Iran, she majored in fine arts and software engineering at the Science and Technology University in Tehran. Before ROYBI, she co-founded and led a consumer electronics company, iBaby, serving as the company's President launching into more than 5,000 storefronts globally and making the baby monitors one of the most coveted products. As an immigrant and a female founder, Elnaz has received honors including being selected as NASDAQ Entrepreneurial Center Milestone Maker 2018, named the Woman of Influence through Silicon Valley Business Journal in 2016, and Entrepreneur of The Year in 2016 in Silicon Valley. She has been a speaker at Mobile World Congress, ASU GSV Summit, SXSW, and is on the board of Consumer Technology Association, Small Business Council, the producer of CES.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How Elnaz built an education technology company from the ground up in less than 3 years.
- The amazing story of raising significant money from investors with just an early prototype.
- The importance of making a positive impact on the world by helping children.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/137
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Roybi Robot on Digital Trends
- Time for Kids Cover Story
- CNBC One of the World's Most Promising Startups
- 2-XL Robot
- Inspired Money ep 101 – Thousands of Meaningful Conversations with Engel Jones
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Write a review at Podchaser! Reviews4Good: Every Review & Reply on Podchaser sends 25 cents to Meals on Wheels
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.