Alison Van Dyk has dedicated much of her life and resources to advocating for interfaith education. She wants to inspire people to love each other and care about each other.
Alison Van Dyk is Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the Temple of Understanding, one of the world’s first international interfaith organizations. She grew up under the eye of Juliet Hollister, an interfaith pioneer who founded the Temple. Professionally, Alison holds graduate degrees in clinical psychology and transpersonal psychology and is a specialist in the Lowenfeld Sandplay technique. In 1990, she set up the Early Childhood Project, St. Luke's School, South Bronx, New York, and continues as a consultant there. She provides therapy for kindergarten children at risk. Alison has been involved with Temple activities since 1967, taking her to interfaith projects around the world. In 2010 she organized the Temple of Understanding’s 50th anniversary celebration. She frequently participates in North American Interfaith Network, Parliament of the World’s Religions, and United Religions Initiative activities.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/005
- The Temple of Understanding
- Connect with TOU on Facebook
- Connect with Alison on LinkedIn
- Juliet Hollister, New York Times obituary
In this episode, you will learn:
- How The Temple of Understanding, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit came to be established in 1960.
- The challenges encountered by founder Juliet Hollister in establishing TOU.
- What role TOU plays today under the leadership of Alison Van Dyk.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music. Until next time!
Do you have any big visions or dreams that you'd like to see happen? Please leave a comment.