Learn how Danielle Town transformed herself into an investor and the investing practice that got her there. She explains time-tested Warren Buffett investing principles in terms that everyone can understand.
Danielle Town is a New York Times bestselling author and Investing Practice expert who started out desperately afraid of numbers and stock markets, until she took her head out of the sand and discovered that, with a little knowledge and practice, her weaknesses were actually strengths. With playfulness and ruthless practicality, she has now guided countless people overcome their reluctance to invest, put their money where their values are, and transform their lives towards financial freedom through her newsletter, courses, podcast, and book. She wrote her New York Times bestseller, Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad), with her investor father, Phil Town, with whom she also banters about value investing and life on their top-rated podcast, InvestED.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/044
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why purely saving isn’t good enough to prep for your financial future.
- How aligning your investment money with your values can be more impactful and effect positive change.
- How Charlie Munger and Warren Buffett's investing principles can give you a framework to be an informed and better investor.
Find more from our guest:
- InvestED podcast with Phil Town and Danielle Town
Mentioned in this episode:
- Phil Town
- Warren Buffett
- Charlie Munger
- BBC NEWS Business Charlie Munger Boom and Bust Is Normal (Munger and Buffett's checklist for picking a company to invest in)
- Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Wahei Takeda – the Warren Buffett of Japan and thankfulness
- Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad) by Danielle Town
- The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair
Gettin' The Bank Back Together:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Are you a reluctant investor who desires to take control of your own investing? What do you think of Danielle's approach?