John Marty's crazy career includes running businesses to being broke and unemployable. After reinventing himself, he says LinkedIn changed his life.
John Marty is a Senior Product Manager at Amazon but just 5 years ago, he was working at Best Buy for $12 an hour to make ends meet. After running his own companies for more than a decade, a failure left him broke and desperate at the age of 31 with a baby on the way.
After reinventing himself John developed a deep passion for helping others unleash their true potential. His message and content on LinkedIn, Youtube and speaking to broader audience/community isn't focused around “work hard and hustle” but instead centers around the true essence of living a meaningful life.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/117
Find more from our guest:
- Axxis Audio
- John Marty – Career and Personal Development Tips (YouTube)
- Tech Careers for Non-Engineers (YouTube)
- Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- The best way to ask for a raise.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.