Dan Chan left pre-IPO PayPal to become Silicon Valley's favorite magician who performs for tech billionaires and Silicon Valley elite.
Dan Chan is an internationally renowned, award-winning magician who is referred to as the “Billionaire's Magician” having performed for 187 billionaires to date. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, he is regarded as one of the nation's top corporate magicians and performs at events for thought leaders and influencers worldwide.
Chan's world-class sleight of hand, playful pick-pocketing, and thoughtful sleight of mind have been called “the perfect entertainment solution for savvy corporate audiences.” Buzzfeed named him Silicon Valley's Favorite Magician and his act includes routines that integrate smartphones and iPads. Dan's signature cultural Bian Lian performance is a legend among tech billionaires and Silicon Valley elite.
Chan is often seen performing at the exclusive Magic Castle in Hollywood, Bay Area society, and corporate events internationally. His extensive roster of clients includes the 49ers, Adsemble, Airbnb, Apple, Bank of America, Baidu, BitTorrent, Buzzfeed, BMC, Breathometer, Charles Schwab, Chevron, Cloudflare, CISCO, Deloitte, DOCOMO Innovations, EA, Ebay, Exabeam, Facebook, Falconstor, Golden State Warriors, Google, HP, IBM, Intel, Kaiser Permanente, Kleiner Perkins, KRON4, KTSF, Marriott, Merrill Lynch, Novartis, OneLogin, Open AI, Oracle, Paramount Pictures, PayPal, Pfizer, Pitney Bowes, Quora, Radio Disney, Red Hat, Ritz Carlton, Roche, Sequoia Capital, SF Giants, Shutterfly, Sony Play Station, Specialized Bicycle, Thumbtack, Twitter, USCG, USMC, VISA, Viv, Wells Fargo, Wild Aid, Yahoo, and Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Pivoting a live magic show to a virtual experience on Zoom
- Why walk away power is important in negotiating
- Dan's unique stock buying strategy. He invests in every company that hires him.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/155
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- David Copperfield
- Chris Kenner
- Jim Steinmeyer
- Gerald Joseph
- Criss Angel
- David Blaine
- Cyril Takayama
- Warren & Annabelle's Magic
- Buzzfeed: Meet Silicon Valley's Favorite Magician
- The Hustle: Silicon Valley’s favorite magician reimagines his act in the age of Zoom
- Business Insider: For $500 you can book a Zoom magic show with ‘Silicon Valley's favorite magician,' whose client list includes Google, Apple, and Airbnb
- Business Insider: A day in the life of a ‘billionaire's magician,' who's hired to fly around the world and entertain the elite
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- A magical money tip: earnings matter!
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.