Entrepreneur Jay Schweid talks tennis, building an AI and blockchain-enabled platform to produce independent film projects, and the power of philanthropy.
As an inspiring pro tennis player, he founded JCS, a bespoke racket customizing and stringing service for top players from around the world. This led to the Concierge Service for athletes, celebrities, and HNWI, which lead to being the Managing Partner at the SPOT – a South Beach lounge he owned with Mickey Rourke.
In 2012 Jay launched ephelants – an entertainment brand focused on film, commercial, and event production. Recognizing systematic inefficiencies inherent to the industry, he built the idea for the ephelants platform. Jay’s desire to seamlessly blend technology & human interaction to streamline and democratize the production process, engaging creatives, fans and investors fuels his passion for this current venture and drives the momentum behind the company.
In addition to his role as CEO at ephelants, Jay currently serves as a Partner and Board Member on various Sports, Tech, Fashion & Entertainment companies and is the CEO of IKAR Tech Group.
This episode is brought to you by Runnymede Capital Management. If you need help with your investments, financial planning, or setting up a 401(k) plan for your business, schedule a call with me at http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/call
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why Jay got into and left the professional tennis racquet stringing business
- The mindset that drives entrepreneurs
- How Jay is building philanthropy into his business
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/252
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Are you an entrepreneur and what's your motivation?