Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche shares her financial ups and downs, from being $300K in debt to teaching people to get good with money.
Tiffany Aliche, aka The Budgetnista, regularly appears as a financial expert on daytime talk show, The Real and co-hosts a top-ranked financial podcast, Brown Ambition. She is the author of GET GOOD WITH MONEY, a guide to help you live richer and become financially whole. Tiffany also co-founded an online school called the Live Richer Academy, which teaches women worldwide how to take their finances to the next level and achieve their personal goals. In 2019, Tiffany partnered with New Jersey assembly-woman Angela V. McKnight to write a bill that was later signed into law (A1414, The Budgetnista Law), which mandated financial education to be integrated into all middle schools in New Jersey. Tiffany has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fast Company, Reader's Digest, USA Today, Cosmopolitan, InStyle, Forbes, Redbook, Black Enterprise, and U.S. News & World Report and has been on the Today show, Good Morning America, CNN, OWN and CBS. Tiffany currently lives in New Jersey with her husband and stepdaughter.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What's wrong with having a strict saving mindset?
- How to come back from a dark financial place. Tiffany once had over $300k in debt!
- The difference between financial freedom and what Tiffany calls “financial wholeness.”
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/195
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Giveaway: Register for a chance to win a copy of Tiffany's new book, “Get Good with Money.”
- Damon Dash
- Get Good with Money: Ten Simple Steps to Becoming Financially Whole by Tiffany Aliche
- Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach
Money Tip of the Week
- A tip for curbing your spending.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.