A 20-year veteran of corporate, agency, consulting and small business ownership, Wendy Glavin of the Wendy Glavin Agency talks growth mindset, continued learning, and using technology to win in business and life.
Wendy Glavin is Founder and CEO of Wendy Glavin Agency, a marketing, public relations and social media advisory in New York City. Wendy is a 30-year veteran of corporate, agency, consulting and small business ownership. She's worked across a broad range of industry sectors in B2B and B2C.
The Wendy Glavin Agency works to amplify its clients' brand voice and unique story. Entrepreneurial in spirit, Wendy works collaboratively and seamlessly across content marketing, social media marketing, mobile marketing, online and offline public relations, corporate, community and employee relations. Wendy's strength is an ability to learn the latest technologies including artificial intelligence and emerging technologies which affect marketing and business across every industry sector.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/074
In this episode, you will learn:
- Wendy's professional path from working at large advertising agencies to being an entrepreneur.
- How divorce impacted her financial life.
- We'll get tips on social media from a professional PR person who's worked with a division of IBM and as an internal corporate communications specialist at General Electric.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Norma Rae
- Elkman Advertising
- Pryor Cashman LLP
- How To Own Your Power Presentation – Carla Harris – Take The Lead
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D.
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- Three budgeting tips to start the year right.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you given much thought to PR or how to better use social media? What advice can you share from your experience?