Author and personal finance expert, Erin Lowry talks about her Broke Millennial brand, how to start a money conversation with your partner, and her new book for the beginner investor.
Erin Lowry is the author of Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together and Broke Millennial Takes On Investing: A Beginner’s Guide to Leveling Up Your Money. Her first book was named by MarketWatch as one of the best money books of 2017 and her style is often described as refreshing and conversational. Erin’s appeared on CBS Sunday Morning, CNBC and Fox & Friends. She has written for Fast Company, Cosmopolitan Magazine and Refinery29 and regularly speaks at universities and conferences around the country. Erin spent most of her childhood living in Asia, but now settled in New York City with her husband.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/087
In this episode, you will learn:
- What full frontal financial nudity with your significant other means.
- Why investing is the great wealth equalizer and if you're not doing, you're missing out.
- Tactics that the wealthy use to grow and preserve money
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together by Erin Lowry
- Broke Millennial Takes On Investing: A Beginner's Guide to Leveling Up Your Money by Erin Lowry
- The Broke Millennial Takes on Investing Book Tour (April 10 to May 16, 2019)
- Special offer for #InspiredMoney listeners:
Get the 30-Day Rookie Investor Action Plan
- Designed like a day planner, you will be assigned a small, actionable step to take each day for a month that will set you on the road towards becoming a confident investor. [digital download]
- Email proof of purchase to info[at]brokemillennial.com with “Inspired Money” in the subject line
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- Three tips if you're getting a tax refund.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.