Fitness influencer Katie Kasten-Wasilisin talks about monetizing online businesses, social media followers, and building a community to treat chronic pain through correct body movement.
Athletic from a young age, Katie always kept her body moving, participating in sports such as roller hockey, basketball, and even figure skating briefly. The need to move was vital to her. After graduating high school and being out of sports, she found herself perplexed and dove into running and watching what she ate. This quickly developed into an unhealthy obsession with being “skinny,” which led to an eating disorder and severe body dysmorphia. Luckily, through a scary and sudden discovery of scoliosis, Katie was informed she had to stop partaking in all impact activities. Frustrated with the need to move her body, her doctor recommended Yoga – An unexpected turn into what is now the origin story of her career in health and fitness. She fell in love with how Yoga empowered her to find love and strength within herself, discovering and teaching various forms of it. Her energy quickly translated into her classes, deviating them from your standard practices and making them the most sought-after in San Diego.
Her magnetic energy quickly caught the attention of Dr. Michael Wasilisin, creator of MoveU, who insisted she shares her talents with the world. Falling right into the health and fitness world, like she always dreamed of, Katie is currently one of MoveU’s leading instructors, a model, coach, and assistant teacher at several other brands, including her recent On-Demand classes via Bosu Ball.
This episode is brought to you by Runnymede Capital Management. Schedule a call with us to discuss your financial planning and investing needs.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Going from a traditional chiropractic office to an online business
- Monetizing social media followers
- See Katie demonstrate an exercise that helps alleviate her sciatica caused by scoliosis
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/244
Find more from our guest:
- Instagram (1.1M)
- Mike’s IG: @moveumike (29.9K)
- Katie’s IG: @yogi.ish (24.6K)
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Are you suffering from chronic pain? Have you considered launching an online business?