Dr. Lakisha L. Simmons (affectionately known as Dr. Kisha) is an award-winning and highly sought after international speaker, workshop facilitator and financial literacy spokeswoman. She is the founder of BRAVE Consulting, a women’s empowerment firm focused on goal setting, leadership soft skills and financial freedom. She touches thousands of women’s lives through her platform, AchieveHer. She has appeared across all top media channels and outlets including Good Morning America, Business Insider and PEOPLE Magazine | PEOPLE.com for her women’s empowerment work and saving over $750,000 in four years.
She is the author of The Unlikely AchieveHer soft skills workbook and co-author of Divorced: 7 Keys to Making it Through Your Parents Divorce with her adolescent son.
She’s a first-generation college student, She holds a bachelor’s degree in business information systems from Tennessee State University, an MBA from University of Phoenix, and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in management information systems from University of Mississippi. She holds a Six Sigma Black Belt that was achieved at Caterpillar, Inc.
She was an accomplished professor before she early retired at age 41 with written over 40 peer reviewed scholarly works. When she received tenure in 2017, she was one of only 51 female, African-American Information Systems business school professors in the U.S. She's overcome many obstacles from childhood trauma to divorce.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How she discovered the FIRE movement
- Tips for accelerating your savings and investments
- Why she left her tenured job to follow her passion
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/211
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Unlikely AchieveHer: 11 Steps to a Happy and Prosperous Life by Lakisha L. Simmons Ph.D.
- Divorced: 7 Keys to Making it Through Your Parents' Divorce by C.J. Simmons and Lakisha L. Simmons Ph.D.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Did this episode inspire you to make and save more? What do you think of the FIRE movement?
Leave A Comment