Terry Rich is a successful CEO and President of 25 years who loves to engage and entertain audiences across the globe.
During his appointment by three Governors, his leadership increased lottery sales and profits by 50%. He also led the Blank Park Zoo to profitability from a $600,000 deficit while positioning it as the second largest attended attraction in the state. But his national insight on business, banking, gaming, TV production, marketing and PR led him to success in his professional career and to his passion for public speaking. Oh, and he’s also given away over $1 billion.
Recently, Terry headed the team that cracked the largest lottery fraud in US history. During the investigation, Terry oversaw day-to-day operations while considering long-term consequences, adapting quickly to change, and delivering on promises.
Before that, he started four successful entrepreneurial businesses, and has numerous national media appearances including ABC, NBC, HBO, CBS, 20/20, CNN, CNBC, USA Today, and The New York Times; a movie host on Starz!; and appeared as a panel guest on the “Tonight Show”.
He’s a disruptive innovator and entrepreneur with a drive for integrity and honesty. He’s worked in the trenches, survived new business trends, and had success with generational changes. Terry’s keynotes are energetic, motivating, and perfect for an early morning, lunch, or after dinner presentation.
Terry Rich has authored two books: The $80 Billion Gamble and Dare to Dream, Dare to Act.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How Terry went from modest farm kid to making more money than he ever imagined by the age of 40.
- Creating a company culture where all employees feel welcome to share innovative ideas.
- A happiness tip that Terry got from Shark Tank’s Daymond John.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/212
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The $80 Billion Gamble: The Inside Story of How a Suspicious Ticket, Hot Dogs and Bigfoot Foiled the Biggest Lottery Fraud in U.S. History by Terry Rich
- Dare to Dream, Dare to Act: Unlock Your Ideas to Greater Success by Terry Rich
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Do you have tips for better leadership and encouraging innovative thinking? Did you like Terry's perspectives on money?
Leave A Comment