Co-Founder of Accountable Equity and CEO of VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality, Josh McCallen talks about free school lunches, using money for good, and investing in resorts.
Business turnaround expert and resort rehab specialist, Josh McCallen is a multi-faceted leader in the luxury, residential, hospitality, and real estate project leadership. In the past 20 years, Mr. McCallen has led projects, generating well over $100,000,000 in revenues in the above mentioned industries. He has also served as president of a 400+ person hotel development and management company, and built numerous businesses & brands. He conducts all his projects and operations with the highest caliber thought leadership, energy, and expertise. He has a laser focused approach to creating high yield projects through strategic innovation, relationship building, and developing cultures that promote a genuine love of service.
Josh McCallen is the Co-Founder of Accountable Equity and the CEO of VIVÂMEE Hospitality. He believes the Accountable Equity model of investing is perfect for our time: Investors are invited into a learning community side-by-side with the principals of the fund and operators of the various businesses. With flexible investment opportunities, investors of all levels are able to participate in the exclusive world of high yield private offerings, once available to only the wealthiest families.
Mr. McCallen currently specializes in complex, value-add wedding hospitality development and management. VIVÂMEE Hospitality focuses on projects which possess extraordinary growth potential -by applying the Warren Buffet model- through the purchase and repositioning of distressed resort and luxury properties. His recession resistance model was tested and passed with flying colors during COVID when Renault’s wedding sales increased 40 percent year over year.
Mr. McCallen earned his BA in History & Theology from Franciscan University, and his MBA from Eastern Michigan University. He lives in Springfield, PA with Melanie, his wife of 23 years and their 10 children.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The importance of selling on value, not price
- Why Josh sees great opportunity and value in investing in resorts today.
- Thinking of money as power that you can do for others.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/182
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Accountable Equity
- Accountable Equity Facebook
- VIVÂMEE Hospitality
- VIVÂMEE Hospitality Facebook
- Capital Hacking podcast
- Renault Winery
- This Old House
- Don't Quit: Stories of Persistence, Courage and Faith by Kyle Wilson
Money Tip of the Week
- Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Basic portfolio construction rules to help you reduce risk.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.