Wanda He and Eric Yu both work in big tech; but after a weekend life-planning retreat, they set a goal of making $30k per month quasi-passively by 2030.
Wanda is currently an Associate Product Marketing Manager at Google & Eric is an Android Engineer on the Instagram Stories team. As a couple, they’re working together to generate $30k per month by 2030 in alternate income streams (mostly passive). 2 months ago, they decided to do a weekend life planning retreat to understand where they wanted to be 10 years from now. During that retreat, it became increasingly clear that family is #1. To enable a lifestyle where they wouldn’t have to trade off family against work, Wanda and Eric realized that they needed income outside of their 9-5 jobs. During that weekend, they brainstormed all the ways they could start building out additional income streams.
Over the last 2 months, they’ve executed on their vision by:
- Buying a house and remodeling it
- Designing the house specifically for AirBNB
- Making over 2x the mortgage in their first month on AirBNB while living in the guest house out back (completely eliminating their rent costs)
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/170
Find more from our guest:
- Wanda's LinkedIn
- Eric's LinkedIn
- Eric's Facebook
- first AirBNB: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/46092444
Mentioned in the episode:
- Book: Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- YouTube: Meet Kevin
- YouTube: Graham Stephan
- YouTube: Charlie Chang
- Asian Hustle Network
Tune in to the live recording with Guy Kawasaki on December 3, 2020
- Special Inspired Money ep. 171 – Miso Soup For The Soul with Guy Kawasaki
- Hālāwai – Maui Ola Gatherings
- Join the Inspired Money 30-day Fear Challenge
Inspired Money Flashback:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment