Marcus Garrett, author of DEBT Free or Die Trying, talks about how to make a plan and set up a system to pay off debt.
After surviving the mean streets of the inner suburbs in the Great State of Texas, Mr. Garrett obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and work experience as a Certified Internal Auditor, Financial and Data Analyst. As a Senior Millennial, his inflated self-esteem was amplified with participation trophies given to him without merit during his most impressionable years. Somehow he overcame these personal roadblocks to become an award-winning freelance writer on topics ranging from love and relationships to debt and personal finances.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Money mistakes that Marcus made that got him $30k in debt
- How to make a plan and set up a system to pay off debt
- The 50/30/20 approach to budgeting
Show notes: https://www.inspiredmoney.fm/271
Find more from our guest:
- DEBT Free or Die Trying: How I Buried Myself $30,000 in Debt and Dug My Way Out by Marcus Garrett
- Key Person of Influence: The Five-Step Method to Become One of the Most Highly Valued and Highly Paid People in Your Industry
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
What are your best tips for paying down debt?