Brent Henningson talks about how a defined benefit plan can help business owners to accelerate retirement savings and reduce taxes.
Brent is the Chief Executive Officer of Saber Pension & Actuarial Services, a third party administration and actuarial firm. Using Defined Benefit Plans, Saber Pension helps business owners reduce their tax liability while they save for retirement. They assist clients all around the United States.
Brent has over 15 years of experience working with Defined Benefit retirement plans. Throughout his career, he has consulted with organizations ranging from one-person businesses to publicly traded companies with multi-billion dollar pension plans.
Over his career, Brent has saved his clients millions of dollars through the use of innovative and timely strategies related to plan design and implementation. He also has extensive experience in the ongoing administrative and compliance requirements of retirement plans.
Brent has a Bachelor of Science in Statistics from Brigham Young University. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries, the Society’s highest designation, and an enrolled actuary.
Outside of work, Brent enjoys skiing, traveling and spending time with his wife and three daughters.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- If your income allows for it, how to save up to $3mm in retirement savings
- Differences between 401(k) retirement plan and a defined benefit plan
- Professionals needed to set up and maintain a defined benefit plan
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/153
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Side Business Defined Benefit Plan. When a Solo K Isn’t Enough.
- TD Ameritrade Road to Retirement Survey
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- Benefits of 401(k) plans for business owners
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.