Bobbi Rebell left her TV anchor and personal finance columnist job at Thomson Reuters to create her own brand. Today, she can practice journalism on her terms and controls her destiny. Find out her tactics like taking on internal side hustles for personal growth before striking out on her own to launch a book and podcast.
Bobbi Rebell is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and host of the Financial Grownup podcast. The show features interviews with the top thought leaders in personal finance and other role models, sharing life-changing and inspiring money stories and advice. Guests have included Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary, Author David Bach, Financial expert Jean Chatzky, and ABC news business anchor Rebecca Jarvis. The podcast also gives listeners actionable specific advice from Bobbi on how to integrate the lessons into their lives.
Bobbi is the author of the best-selling self-help/personal finance book “How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom.” The book combines unique personal financial stories from inspirational leaders with targeted and relatable advice to help readers take charge of their money. Role Models include Tony Robbins, Kevin O’Leary, Cynthia Rowley, Jim Cramer, Drew Barrymore and Sallie Krawcheck. Bobbi and “Financial Grownup” have been featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine, AARP Magazine, Cheddar, Fox News, Well + Good, Oprah.com, The NYPost, Redbook Magazine, Refinery 29, US News and World Report, the Tony Robbins blog, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, The Better Man Show, Stacking Benjamins, HerMoney with Jean Chatzky, So Money with Farnoosh Torabi, and countless other media outlets. She is also an award-winning TV anchor and personal finance columnist most recently at Thomson Reuters, the largest news organization in the world. Her business videos have been seen on hundreds of broadcast and online channels around the world, and her Reuters column on personal finance was syndicated to newspapers and websites worldwide. She was also previously a reporter at PBS (Nightly Business Report) and held various producer positions at CNN and CNBC.
Bobbi is a keynote speaker, conference emcee, brand ambassador and moderator. She is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and has a Certificate in Financial Planning from New York University. She lives in NYC with her husband, 3 kids and her morkie Waffles.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/042
In this episode, you will learn:
- Advice for raising your kids with good values about money.
- Why you might consider taking on internal side hustles for your personal development.
- Creating your own brand to work on your own terms and to control your destiny.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Ron Lieber's “Spending,” “Saving,” and “Sharing” jars
- Scratch Programming
- Professional Podcast Editor – Steve Stewart
- Joe Saul-Sehy and The Stacking Benjamins Show
- How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom
Runnymede Money Tip:
Thanks for Listening and watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
If you're in a corporate job, do you ever aspire to strike out on your own? Have you tried internal side hustles?