Howard Gogel, President and CEO of My Limo and Gogel Auto, shares how he's built his business and warns of things you should know when using ride share apps like Uber and Lyft.
New Jersey-based My Limo was founded in 1983 and has grown into a complete ground transportation service company with more than 130 vehicles on the road. Its fleet consists of sedans, stretch limos, SUVs, vans, mini-buses and motor coaches. The company was established by Howard and Stewart Gogel, two brothers whose own parents, Philip and Marie, were long-time business owners who operated Gogel Tire and Gogel Auto Repair. The brothers soon established Gogel Auto Rental and East Hanover Auto Sales. Howard would take control of the latter two businesses as well as My Limo, while Stewart would operate the other companies. Third generation members of the Gogel Family today work at these various companies.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/047
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why it's important to ring the cash register first and build the infrastructure later.
- How being the worst musician in his high school band taught Howard to be a better business leader.
- Risks that you should know about if you're using rideshare services like Uber and Lyft.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Executive Coach Builders
- “Live From Daryl's House” – Joe Walsh
- Is Uber’s 911 App Button an Admission of Guilt?
- Employment Horizons
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Are you ever concerned when using rideshare apps like Uber or Lyft? Would you take precautions to advise your children or friends?