Scott Fifer is the Founder & CEO of GO Campaign. A former US Senate aide, NYC Wall Street attorney, and Hollywood screenwriter, Fifer founded GO Campaign in 2006 to help 20 children in Tanzania, and since then GO Campaign has gone on to help tens of thousands of children across the globe. GO Campaign invests in pioneering Local Heroes who are transforming the lives of orphans and vulnerable children in their communities, and connects donors to these high-impact, low-red-tape projects. GO’s diverse portfolio of projects include rehabilitating autistic and special needs youth in East Africa, providing seed money for micro-loan programs to keep girls out of sex trafficking in Nepal, transitioning youth out of foster care into young adulthood in Los Angeles, teaching girls how to code in India, building schools for indigenous children in Mexico and Peru, and so much more.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/061
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why visiting a developing country can open your eyes to new perspectives.
- We'll explore professional success compared with doing rewarding and fulfilling charitable work.
- How Scott finds inspiring visionaries in hopes of creating a Tsunami of change.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Hotel Rwanda (2004)
- Brenda Shuma
- Favio Chavez
- Landfill Harmonic
- Go Campaign Gala
- Tony Horton
- Ewan McGregor
- Robert Pattinson
- Lily Collins
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Do you have a favorite cause that is dear to you and that you support regularly? Will you make any changes to the way you support due to new tax regulations?