Investor Mike Taylor shares common characteristics of great hedge fund portfolio managers, how he invests, and risks in the stock market.
Mike Taylor is the Lead Portfolio Manager of the Simplify Health Care ETF (PINK), the first 100% pro bono ETF focused on the health care sector. Net profits are donated for the benefit of the Susan G. Komen foundation on an annual basis. He has over two decades of experience managing long/short health care equity portfolios at leading hedge funds, including PM and Managing Director of CriticalMass Partners LLC. Previously, Mike managed hedged and factor neutral-portfolios with a gross amount over $1 billion at funds including Millennium, Citadel and Diamondback Capital. He is regarded to have built and run one of the best-performing Healthcare funds on Wall Street.
Mike began his investment career at OppenheimerFunds as the Head of Healthcare. He has overseen the day to day operations, portfolio trading, and research at multiple institutions, and prior to Portfolio Management, Michael worked as a Scientist during the 1990's developing viral-vector based gene therapeutic drugs for the Bio/Pharma industry. He holds advanced degrees in Science and Business from the Johns Hopkins University and the William E. Simon School of Business.
This episode is brought to you by Runnymede Capital Management. For our market views, subscribe to our email at www.runnymede.com/newsletter.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Characteristics that make the best HF portfolio managers and why they have to reinvent themselves many times over
- What happened at Silicon Valley Bank.
- Mike shares his 2023 financial outlook and what one of his biggest positions is right now.
Show notes: https://www.inspiredmoney.fm/268
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
What did you like about Mike's investing approach and outlook?
Leave A Comment