Retired NFL offensive tackle turned co-owner of a private equity group shares money stories of professional athletes, tax benefits of certain investment vehicles, and why you should build a team of personal advisors.
Jonathan Scott is a former offensive tackle who played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills, and was a fifth-round draft for the Detroit Lions. He also played for the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons. He was recognized as a unanimous All-American when he played college ball for the University of Texas as part of the 2005 National Champion Texas Longhorns. After a decade in the NFL, Scott transitioned into a career in finance, education, executive leadership, and recently became co-owner of a private equity group.
Jonathan has co-written a book with financial expert Rob Welsh called The Winning Playbook: Strategies for Life On and Off the Field. It’s time to stop talking about wealth management and start talking about wealth empowerment, not just for athletes, but for everyone. Scott and Welsh have made it their mission to teach all of us how to play the long game.
This episode is brought to you by Runnymede Capital Management. Sign up for our bi-weekly email at www.runnymede.com/newsletter
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The personal finances of NFL football players
- The benefits of using different investment vehicles for tax planning
- Why Jonathan suggests building a team of personal advisors
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/259
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Emmitt Smith
- Bo Jackson
- Damien Woody
- Patrick Mahomes II
- Roger Staubach
- Jim Harbaugh
- Jimbo Fisher
- Nick Saben
- The Winning Playbook: Strategies For Life On And Off The Field
- 2 Chairs: The Secret That Changes Everything by Bob Beaudine
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Did you know that professional athletes have unique personal finance challenges? What did you learn from this episode?