Associate Professor Mike Ehrlich of NJIT's Martin Tuchman School of Management, talks financial bubbles, government stimulus, and market risks.
Associate Professor Michael Ehrlich, PhD, had an international Wall Street career before joining NJIT’s Martin Tuchman School of Management. Upon leaving Wall Street, Ehrlich started a small technology company that he sold in 2007.
Ehrlich’s research focus is on financial markets and institutions, especially early stage companies, with an emphasis on 1) innovation, entrepreneurship, and the commercialization of technology; and 2) market failures. As Associate Editor of the Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, he promotes the cross pollination of scholarly research with practitioner cases to foster real world impact. Ehrlich founded and co-directs the New Jersey Innovation Acceleration Center and was recently awarded an NSF I-Corps Site grant to support the commercialization of technology. He is also the Associate Director for the Leir Center for Financial Bubble Research.
Ehrlich received his doctorate from Princeton University in economics. His bachelor’s degree is from Yale University.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What Mike thinks about the financial markets during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Why you should be wary of bonds that have higher credit risk
- Bubbles, the Federal Reserve, and risk in the financial markets
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/143
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- Barrons: Day Trading Has Replaced Sports Betting as America’s Pastime. It Can’t Support the Stock Market Forever.
- Stop-Loss Orders and Stop-Limit Orders
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment