Rich headed fintech for IBM Cognitive Studios Singapore (IBM’s Innovation Lab) where he led a team that built innovative AI and analytic solutions. He also worked in IBM China where he led his team to win the prestigious “Risk Technology Product of the Year” award for his unique hybrid-cloud solution to risk analytics.
Rich was a banker for almost 20 years and a serial innovator throughout his career. Specializing in the design and innovation of new fixed-income products, he saw firsthand how technology, finance, and regulation come together to impact innovation. He made his career by thinking “out of the box” and uses his experience now as a Consultant to put fintech and AI to work for his clients.
As an experienced finance professional and systems builder, Rich understands what financial services companies need in order to thrive and how non-financial companies can benefit from advances in Fintech.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How Fintech can change society’s relationship with money
- The positive impact of China going cashless
- What is a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) and why is it complex for countries to implement?
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/208
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Cashless: China's Digital Currency Revolution by Richard Turrin
- Innovation Lab Excellence: Digital Transformation from Within by Richard Turrin
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.