Justin Levy, Executive Director at non-profit Conscious Alliance, talks about his cerebral palsy, working with at risk kids, and leading a movement that has served over 10 million meals to kids and families in need.
Justin Levy has served as Executive Director of Conscious Alliance since 2012. His focus on expanding the organization's distribution capabilities resulted in the acquisition of a national distribution center and headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado in 2020, as well as the launch of new and innovative programs to accelerate delivery and impact. Levy has made food quality a priority, improving the health and nutrition standards of donated foods. Levy’s focus lies heavily on serving the Native American and youth communities through seeking donations, as well as implementing gardening programs that align with community culture.
With Cerebral Palsy and severe dyslexia, Levy works with his limitations to bring a fierce spirit to support others. Levy has had 14 surgeries, has been in and out of wheelchairs, and has endured thousands of hours of painful physical therapy – and he had to learn how to walk four different times before finishing high school. Due to the hardships he has endured throughout his life, Levy is unable to read or drive. As a highly functioning Executive Director, where he lacks in creating spreadsheets and emails, he makes up for tenfold through inspiration, facilitating a powerful organizational culture, and cultivating meaningful partnerships through strong relationships. Levy holds a degree in Service-Learning Program Development from Warren Wilson College.
This episode is brought to you by www.yaahdy.com. Use coupon code ‘money' for 10% off your entire order.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The power of experiential learning outside of the classroom
- Justin’s sometimes circuitous and unplanned path of helping kids
- How Conscious Alliance has scaled its impact in a big way
Show notes: https://www.inspiredmoney.fm/266
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Have you overcome challenges and found work that you're passionate about?