Psychologist and best-selling author, Gay Hendricks talks about finding your zone of genius, upper limit problems, and achieving success.
Gay Hendricks has been a leader in the fields of relationship transformation and bodymind transformation for more than 45 years. After earning his Ph.D. from Stanford in 1974, Gay served as Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Colorado for 21 years. He has written more than 40 books, including bestsellers such as Five Wishes, The Big Leap, Conscious Loving and Conscious Loving Ever After, (the last two co-authored with his co-author and mate for more than 35 years, Dr. Kathlyn Hendricks). He is also a mystery novelist, with a series of five books featuring the Tibetan-Buddhist private detective, Tenzing Norbu, as well as a new mystery series featuring a Victorian-era London detective, Sir Errol Hyde. His latest book, Conscious Luck, reveals eight ways to change your fortunes through the power of intention. Gay has appeared on more than 500 radio and television shows, including Oprah, CNN, CNBC, 48 HOURS and others. His new book, The Genius Zone, was published in June 2021.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Identifying and staying in your Zone of Genius
- How to effectively say, “No” — especially to things not directly in your Zone of Genius
- Finding a mantra or central intention that can guide every decision you make
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/202
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Dr. Jean Houston
- Buckminster Fuller
- Michael Gerber
- Michael Dell
- Jerry Jones
- Robert B. Shapiro
- Blaise Pascal
- Brian Tracy
- Walt Whitman
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
- The Genius Zone: The Breakthrough Process to End Negative Thinking and Live in True Creativity by Gay Hendricks
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
Money Tip of the Week
- Child Tax Credit expansion and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment