John Basl, Associate Professor of Philosophy at Northeastern University, tells us why we need to think of ethics as currency in all areas including business, technology, and machine learning.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Learn how philosophers approach their research
- How to apply philosophy and ethics to technology including Artificial Intelligence
- Why we need to think about the benefits of AI and information technologies while avoiding the ethical costs
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/120
Find more from our guest:
- Ethics in the Age of Information and AI (Presentation at Inbound)
- The Death of the Ethic of Life by John Basl
- Kay Mathiesen
- The Great Hack documentary
- Whole Foods Market: 5-Step Animal Welfare Certification
- Fairphone | The phone that cares for people and planet
- Building Data and AI Ethics Committees by John Basl and Ron Sandler in collaboration with Accenture [pdf]
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment