Serial entrepreneur and venture capitalist Rob Frasca talks about early-stage investing in megatrends from the Internet to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
Rob Frasca is a serial entrepreneur, investor, visionary online pioneer and frequent speaker on blockchain and cryptocurrencies. A pioneer and product visionary, Rob founded and brought 3 venture-backed startups, to successful exits, and served as CEO of 4 companies.
Rob is widely recognized for creating the first Internet fintech company (GALT Technologies), the Internet’s first stock quote and portfolio management service- NETworth, which was eventually acquired by Intuit in 1994 and became Quicken Financial Network. His second startup, an early artificial intelligence company, was acquired by Lycos, the second-most-popular internet portal at the time, where he became VP and General Manager. Frasca’s third startup, Affinnova, was acquired by Nielsen in 2014. He is a visionary and online pioneer who has brought over 50 products to market, including one with over 100 million users.
Frasca graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and received an MBA/M.S.I.A. from Carnegie Mellon’s Tepper School of Business. He is also a decorated U.S. Naval Flight Officer with 18 combat missions.
This episode is brought to you by Runnymede Capital Management. Follow me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/andywang888.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- An entrepreneur’s views getting paid to create value
- Why Rob is so excited to invest in early stage companies focused on blockchain, crypto, cyber security, and artificial intelligence
- Make sure you tune in to the end to learn about the benefits of tokenizing a venture capital fund
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/264
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook by Niall Ferguson
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
- Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War by Robert Coram
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
What do you think about the future of Blockchain?