Gen Z entrepreneur Mehak Vohra shares why she founded SkillBank, and how the company helps people land their dream marketing job in just 15 weeks.
Mehak Vohra is the CEO and founder of SkillBank, a marketing training program that's completely free upfront. SkillBank closed $1.3M in seed funding where investors include: Jason Calacanis, Soma Capital, Hustle Fund, TikTok influencers/Sway LA members (Josh Richards and Griffin Johnson), ApartmentList CEO.
Mehak started her career as a Computer Science student at Purdue University. In 2016, after her sophomore year, she dropped out of college at 19 years old and moved to San Francisco. Her goal was to build the most scalable marketing agency in the world. She ran Jamocha Media for 4 years. In 2019, Mehak decided to pass Jamocha on and started SkillBank, a marketing bootcamp that's completely free upfront. If someone is motivated to land a job in marketing, SkillBank is there to help.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Founding a venture-backed startup vs a lifestyle business.
- How SkillBank works so students pay nothing upfront. Spoiler: we'll learn about income sharing agreements
- How a hybrid education could be highly effective…. that's part college and part career training program.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/197
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Purdue University
- Leif – Income Share Agreements
- OnDelta Interview w/ Jason Calacanis on This Week in Startups (TWIST)
- Jason Calacanis – Launch accelerator
- Y Combinator
- Tech Starts Accelerator
- Mehak for Mayor 2019 (Official Music Video)
Money Tip of the Week
- Benefits of managing your time and money.
Thanks for Listening and Watching !
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.