Founder of Tiller Money, Peter Polson shares tips for better tracking your finances in the new year.
Peter Polson has been thinking about better ways to help people with their personal finances for most of his life. He partially paid for college by teaching personal finance software classes for adults, and later by working as an intern program manager at Microsoft on the Money software team.
Since then, Peter has spent his career focused on technology with a passion for product design. Prior to founding Tiller he was the CEO of Dashwire (acquired by HTC) and co-founder of Junxion (acquired by Sierra Wireless). He began his career in technology investment banking at JP Morgan.
Peter graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a BA from Middlebury College. He earned his MBA with High Distinction, graduating as a Tuck Scholar from the Tuck School at Dartmouth College.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What open banking is and why we should care as consumers.
- Tips and tricks for tracking our spending.
- How Peter is teaching his kids about money.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/176
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Free 30-Day Trial Tiller Money
- IM 045: The Power of Spreadsheets and Tracking Your Money | Peter Polson
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.