Author Carole Robin shares the lessons behind Stanford Business School's legendary course Interpersonal Dynamics and her new book Connect: Building exceptional relationships with family, friends, and colleagues.
Carole Robin Ph.D. was the Dorothy J. King Lecturer in Leadership, Director of the Arbuckle Leadership Fellows Program and teacher in Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business legendary Interpersonal Dynamics (aka Touchy Feely) course. Subsequent to leaving Stanford in 2017 she co-founded Leaders in Tech, a nonprofit which brings two decades of GSB lessons to Silicon Valley startup founders.
Prior to joining Stanford, she was a partner in an international consulting firm and a senior sales and marketing manager in a Fortune 50 company. She has provided executive coaching, leadership development and executive team building to a wide range of business, government, and nonprofit clients ranging in size from startups to global and Fortune 500 organizations and is currently an advisor on several boards. She is the recipient of two Congressional Awards for Community Service.
She is also the co-author of Penguin Random House's new Connect which contains the lessons of “Touchy Feely” that students consistently describe as life-changing because it didn't only make them better leaders — it made them (and continues to make them) better sons, daughters, spouses, parents, siblings, friends and colleagues.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why Carole and her husband Andy froze their standard of living to achieve their financial goals.
- Why Carole calls herself a scholar practitioner.
- Tips for building exceptional relationships with family, friends, and colleagues.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/179
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the episode:
- Connect: Building Exceptional Relationships with Family, Friends, and Colleagues by David Bradford Ph.D. Carole Robin Ph.D.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
Money Tip of the Week
- Declutter your home, sell stuff you're not using, and clear your head.
- How to Be Wealthy Starting at Just $500 per Month with Derek Sivers
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment