Joe Saul-Sehy is a certified financial planner who thought he'd change careers to become a teacher but ended up as a full-time financial podcaster. We chat personal finance, productivity, and how he uses the science of play in his popular podcast.
Joe is the founder and host of the award-winning Stacking Benjamins podcast. Joe is a former financial advisor (16 years) and represented American Express and Ameriprise in the media. He was the “Money Man” at Detroit television WXYZ-TV, appearing twice weekly. He’s appeared in Bride, Best Life, and Child magazines, the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun-Times, Detroit News and Baltimore Sun newspapers. He’s also appeared online in more than 200 different places, including CNBC.com and WSJ.com.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/026
In this episode, you will learn:
- Money lessons and why Joe changed careers at age 40.
- What to lookout for if you’re attending a free advisor dinner or visiting an advisor's office.
- Tips on coaches and increasing your productivity.
- Joe’s favorite money apps… and more.
- Stacking Benjamins – Listen to the only award-winning money show broadcasting live from Joe's mom's basement
- Facebook – Community and watch “Money in the Morning”
- BrokerCheck – background check your financial advisor
- Kevin Kelly's 1,000 True Fans
- Masterclass: Aaron Sorkin Teaches Screenwriting
- Andy's guest appearance on Stacking Benjamins: Your 401k Could Be Better
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.