Adam Draper made a crazy bet on cryptocurrency when he launched Boost VC, a bitcoin startup accelerator in 2012. Learn about bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain from the founder of one of bitcoin and blockchain's earliest and most active incubators.
Adam Draper is the founder and managing director of Boost VC. The first fund to focus on Bitcoin related startups. Adam is a 2x entrepreneur and a 4th generation venture capitalist. He also has a very large comic book collection.
In 2009, the same year that Adam graduated from UCLA, he founded Xpert Financial, a secondary market for private securities. After settling millions of dollars in private security transactions and becoming a registered broker dealer, he left Xpert Financial in late 2012 and began angel investing, where he backed such startups as Coinbase, Plangrid and Amplitude.
Adam then partnered up with Brayton Williams and to change the face of global startup mentorship. The focus of Boost VC on future technology development stems from Adam Draper's dream to create an Iron Man suit.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/031
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is Bitcoin and why you should care?
- Why Adam is betting that digital currency will be the future of finance.
- Risks of investing in the early stages of bitcoin and other crytopcurrencies
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
What do you think about the future of crytocurrencies? Please leave a comment.