In a recent US poll, 88% of respondents said that they had never heard of Alibaba. If you are one of those who don't know the Chinese e-commerce giant, then you can have a quick primer with this epic infographic from 16best.net. Here are a few interesting facts before you dive in:
- Alibaba has a market capitalization of $511 billion as of 3/16/18, just a hair less than Facebook's $535 billion.
- Alibaba has 528 million mobile active users.
- Interestingly 11.1% of Alibaba's visitors are from the US.
- CEO/Founder Jack Ma set up Alibaba with $60k that he borrowed from 18 people. At the end of 2017, the company employed over 50,000 people.
- The company sold over $25 billion in just one day on Singles Day.
“Alibaba coffee” by charles chan * is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0
Leave A Comment