Lillian Karabaic teaches personal finance to millennials through workshops, courses, and a weekly podcast Oh My Dollar!
Lillian Karabaic is a cat enthusiast, radio host, spandex style icon, public speaker, and educator. As host of the weekly Oh My Dollar! radio show she teaches personal finance with a dash of glitter.
Her work has been featured on CBS, NPR, Vox Media, the Portland Mercury, the Oregonian, the Journal of Higher Education, Portland Monthly, and in dozens of personal finance blogs and podcasts. An engaging public speaker, she has delivered money management talks at over 30 colleges including Wells College, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Reed College, and Portland State University.
In her twenties, Lillian had 40 jobs, including dishwasher, social worker, tax preparer, organic farmer, bagel deliverer, zine librarian, database wizard, and bicycle valet.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/055
Leave a voice message at: http://inspiredmoney.fm/andy
In this episode, you will learn:
- Amazing tactics to increase your savings.
- How Lillian went to college without student loan debt.
- Tips from her book that combines her love for personal finance and cats!
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Get Your Money Together: An illustrated purrsonal finance workbook to help you budget your money, save for retirement, and smash debt.
Runnymede Money Tip:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.