From laid off to building a successful one-man media company, David Meerman Scott is a marketing/sales strategist, entrepreneur, advisor to emerging companies, and best-selling author.
Our always-on, Web-driven world has new rules for competing and growing business. Advance planning is out – agile is IN! Those who embrace new ways will be far more successful than those who stay who stay stuck and afraid to change. No one knows more about using the new Real-Time tools and strategies to spread ideas, influence minds and build business than David Meerman Scott. It's his specialty.
David Meerman Scott is an internationally acclaimed sales and marketing strategist whose high-energy presentations are a treat for the senses. That he's spoken on all seven continents and in 40 countries to audiences of the most respected firms, organizations and associations underscores the value he brings to audiences.
David's books and blog are must-reads for professionals seeking to generate attention in ways that grow their business. He is author or co-author of ten books – three are international bestsellers. The New Rules of Marketing & PR, now in its 5th edition, has been translated into 27 languages and is a modern business classic with over 350,000 copies sold so far. Scott also authored Real-Time Marketing & PR, a Wall Street Journal bestseller, Newsjacking, and his newest hit The New Rules of Sales & Service. He is co-author of Marketing the Moon (with Rich Jurek) and Marketing Lessons from The Grateful Dead (with HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan).
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/056
In this episode, you will learn:
- How David became a one-man media company and why you should to.
- Tips for better blog and social media content.
- What is newsjacking? And how to reach more people that you don’t already know.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Showrunner Podcast with Jerod Morris and Jonny Nastor
- Podcast Junkies with Harry Duran
- Forgotten News Podcast
- HubSpot, Inc.
- Brian Halligan
- Impact Live!
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, Newsjacking, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
- Marketing Lessons From The Grateful Dead
- Books at Amazon by David Meerman Scott
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you read David Meerman Scott's books? What are your thoughts on Sales and Marketing in the digital world?
Leave A Comment