An inspiring journalist, author, podcaster, artist, and athlete, Win Charles has never let cerebral palsy define her or stop her from doing anything. She is a force!
Born with Cerebral Palsy, Win Charles has defied the odds by becoming an author. Her memoir I, Win is an amazing story of how she remembers her life through the years of having a condition called “CP”. As a competitor in the Kona IronMan Triathlon, CEO of her own jewelry design company, and motivational speaker, Win Charles truly is an inspiration to many. Today Win Charles tours the country, speaking to schools and institutions to raise awareness about cerebral palsy and living a full life no matter what holds you back. She is also an advocate of veterans across the world.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/068
In this episode, you will learn:
- How a can do attitude can carry you far, even in the face of physical disability.
- Win's mindset of just rolling with it is advice that can benefit all of us.
- Rather than putting a focus on our differences, we should come to understand what we all have in common.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Acorns – Invest Spare Change – Set Aside Money For The Future
- My appearance on Win's “Ask Win” podcast
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- Tips for involving children in your family’s charitable activities
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
What kind of mindset can help you overcome your challenges and obstacles?