Professional investor and business mentor, Mariko Gordon talks about money, investing, and business.
Mariko Gordon built a $2.5B money management firm from scratch, flying her freak flag high. It had a weird name, a non-Wall Street culture, and a quirky communication style.
In 1995, when Mariko founded Daruma, only a handful of women of color owned their firms. She had to noodle out how to run a business while daily duking it out with Mr. Market and raising a family.
Today she mentors women who want to start a business, turn their side hustle into their living, better manage their finances, or work through a tricky patch in life or business.
She is also a poet, hypnotist, life coach, hula dancer, and Treasurer on the Board of the Asian American Writers’ Workshop.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Investing insights from a professional portfolio manager
- How to invest like a girl and beat the pants off the guys
- Burnout and why Mariko closed her business
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/219
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
If you ever thought money was mysterious, what steps helped demystify it for you?