Rachel Marie Martin, mother of seven children, shares her story of severe financial hardship to regaining control of money and her life.
Rachel believes in the power of the human spirit to overcome, to thrive and to find deep joy and because of that she pours out her heart via these platforms: she is the writer behind the site FindingJoy.net and author of The Brave Art of Motherhood. Her articles have been translated into over 25 languages, her site reaches millions of visitors per month and she has a robust, engaged Facebook community.
Her content has been featured in The Huffington Post, iVillage, The Today Show, Star Tribune, iVillage, Stuff New Zealand, PopSugar, Motherly, Parents, What to Expect, NBC Parents, IJR, Dr. Greene, Power of Positivity, CafeMom, and many more. She speaks worldwide encouraging moms and entrepreneurs to live each day with purpose and drive. Beyond that, she’s a single mom to seven, and calls Nashville, Tennessee, her home.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to change your relationship with money
- Why you canâ€™t bury your Head in the sand and the power of facing your fears
- The importance of recognizing small benchmarks and milestones
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/122
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- If you had $20, $40, or $60 to give away or pay it forward this holiday season, what would you do?â€¬
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Have you ever had to change your relationship with money? How did you do it?