Former accountant turned fashion designer, Mugzy McFly talks about building a streetwear brand from scratch and following his passion as a creative entrepreneur.
Mugzy is the Founder of Signed By McFly, a streetwear label catching the eye of professional athletes, musicians, and celebrities worldwide. Born and raised in the fashion capital of the world, New York City, Mugzy grew up with a deep appreciation and a keen eye for fashion, first experimenting with creative design at the age of thirteen when he began hand-making apparel to match his favorite sneakers. In 2013, displaying the same hustle and grit his hometown of the Bronx is so famous for, Mugzy started his own fashion label, Signed by McFly, since then he has gone onto to work with the GRAMMYs for the last two years and runs regular pop-up shops to highlight BIPOC independent designers in the fashion space.
This episode is brought to you by Yaahdy.com, my source for Blue Mountain Coffee and other unique Jamaican products. Use discount code ‘money' for 10% off your entire order.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Learning marketing lessons from the New York club scene
- How real-world observations lead to good product design
- Why Mugzy strives to create experiences including partnering with a basketball league
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/254
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
Thanks for Listening & Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts and YouTube.
Have you ever started a business based on your childhood dream?