Toronto-based technology and media venture capitalist, G. Scott Paterson talks money, giving, and information management company FutureVault.
Gordon Scott Paterson, better known as G. Scott Paterson, is a Toronto-based technology and media venture capitalist and the Executive Chairman of FutureVault. In the 1990s, Paterson gained notoriety in the Canadian investment and finance world and served as “a prominent technology and media financier” during the technology boom in the latter half of the decade. Paterson has been the recipient of Globe & Mail's “Top 40 Under 40 Award” and, in 2007, was recognized by Newsweek magazine as one of the 17 people in its “Who’s Next in 2007” article. An active philanthropist, Paterson co-founded Toronto's Merry Go Round Children's Foundation in 1997 and currently serves as its Chairman.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why Scott is not only an investor but an active philanthropist supporting his community and alma mater
- The power of not letting anyone outwork you
- Scott's four pillars to building a successful business and growing wealth
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/166
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- Medicare Q&A with Boomer Benefits (free Facebook group)
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week
- What impact will the election have on your investments? Should you do anything?
- Join the Inspired Money 30-day Fear Challenge
- Inspired Money Maker of the Week: Roxanne B Williams
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.