Wall Street Journal best-selling author, keynote speaker, and MarketingProfs Chief Content Officer, Ann Handley shares her career path and tips for better business writing.
Ann Handley is a Wall Street Journal bestselling author who speaks worldwide about how businesses can escape marketing mediocrity to ignite tangible results. IBM named her one of the 7 people shaping modern marketing.
Ann is a digital marketing pioneer and the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, the leading marketing training company with more than 600,000 subscribers.
She is the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content , and co-author of Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business .
Her books have been translated into 19 languages, including Turkish, Korean, Italian, Chinese, and Japanese.
A LinkedIn Influencer, she has more than 444,000 followers on Twitter and is consistently named one of the more influential marketers on social media.
She has contributed commentary and bylines to Entrepreneur magazine, IBM’s Think Marketing, Inc. magazine, Mashable, Huffington Post, American Express, NPR, and the Wall Street Journal.
Ann lives in Boston, where she is Mom to creatures two- and four-legged.
She is an E.B. White Superfan, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel enthusiast, and a novice tap dancer.
She escapes it all by retreating to her tiny-house office, which houses her vintage typewriter collection.
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/093
In this episode, you will learn:
- Tips for better business writing, whether it's for a newsletter or a social media post.
- How to lose the business or marketing speak.
- Being vulnerable as a writer or speaker to stand out.
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in this episode:
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- New Rules of Marketing and PR | David Meerman Scott (Anniversary Episode #1)
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business by Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman
- Lessons from a Financial Coach and Millionaire Next Door | Rocky Lalvani
Runnymede Money Tip of the Week:
- 17-year-old to graduate Harvard 11 days after graduating high school
- Harvard Extension School: Bachelor of Liberal Arts Degree
- Wikipedia: Harvard Extension School
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.