Chad E. Foster shares how choosing the right stories, reframing weaknesses into strengths, and gratitude transformed his life, and how it can change ours.
Chad E. Foster is a motivational keynote speaker, sales/finance leader, and inspirational change agent who works at Red Hat/IBM. He was the first blind executive to graduate from Harvard Business School’s Program for Leadership Development and has been featured with NBC, CBS, Forbes, the Atlanta Journal Constitution, USA Today, and Chief Executive Mag.
“People are often surprised at what I was able to achieve in spite of being blind but to the contrary, I feel I am successful because I am blind, not in spite of it,” says Chad.
After losing his eyesight while attending college in his early twenties, Chad started at a top consulting firm, and has built a career in the technology industry where he has directed financial strategies and decisions resulting in more than $45 billion in contracts.
Determination, ambition, and resilience are the key drivers to his incredible journey. The Atlanta Opera has commissioned an opera inspired by his life story and his first book, Blind Ambition: How to Go from Victim to Visionary, is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple Books, Bookshop, Books-A-Million, Google Play, and other fine retailers.
Today, Chad speaks to corporate audiences and professional athletes to help them develop resilience in the face of uncertainty and show people how to overcome their own blind spots. He lives with his wife and his 2 children in Atlanta, GA and is a daredevil of his own, enjoying snow skiing every winter.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The power of the stories that we tell ourselves can turn our adversities into advantages
- Dealing with doubters and what other people think
- Living regret free so you can reach your potential and live your best life
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/200
Find more from our guest:
Mentioned in the Episode:
- Blind Ambition: How to Go from Victim to Visionary by Brian Winch
Money Tip of the Week
- Overcoming fear of personal finances
- How a Healthy Relationship with Money Opens New Opportunities with Karen McCall
- How Tiffany Aliche Teaches You to Get Good with Money
- Barbara Huson: How to Rewire Your Brain for Wealth and Money Mastery
Thanks for Listening and Watching!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter or Facebook.
- Join us at the Inspired Money Makers groups at facebook and LinkedIn
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser.com, or wherever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.
Leave A Comment