- Semiconductor are in high demand from massive emerging trends including cloud computing, 5G wireless networks, and artificial intelligence.
- Chip shortages are expected to cause widespread shortages of everything, from electronics to medical devices to technology and networking equipment.
- The Biden Administration could subsidize the construction of new U.S. semiconductor manufacturing capacity.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM)
- Investing in TSM gives you ownership in the world’s largest semiconductor foundry — with over 50% of total foundry market share.
- Its top customers include Apple, Huawei, and AMD, Broadcom, Marvell, Nvidia, and Qualcomm.
- The company is entering a healthy growth period, setting up for a multi-year tight capacity environment particularly at the leading edge.
- Growth drivers continue to be in 5G and high-performance computing (HPC) – that includes gaming, AI and PC peripheral orders.Shares have recovered to pre-pandemic levels.
- Stock is selling at 12.5x '22 consensus earnings estimates of $3.00.
- Annual dividend of $1.08 per share, with a dividend yield of 2.9%.
What are your thoughts on tech and semiconductors?